Recipe from Cooking Classy, my changes in bold.
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, then halved through length and sliced fairly thin
- 1 small red onion, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, halved through the length and sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups dry Israeli couscous
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth (I use Better than Bullion chicken from Costco + water; reduce the salt above)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup fancy Trader Joe’s Raisin Medley raisins
- 1 (14 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh mint
- 2 ounces feta crumbles
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. I used convection setting with 450 degrees. Spray a 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place bell pepper, carrots, onions and zucchini on baking sheet. TBH, this was awkward. Dumped it into a big bowl, then…
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and toss to evenly coat. … so I could be more aggressive mixing, the put on the baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven about 15 minutes until tender, tossing once halfway through roasting.
- Then if desired move oven rack closer to broiler and broil for about 1 – 2 minutes to add a light char.
- While vegetables are roasting, in a small mixing bowl whisk together remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and season with 1/4 tsp salt, set aside.
- Bring chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric to a boil. If using Israeli couscous, follow directions on package. Place couscous and raisins in a large mixing bowl, pour hot chicken broth over couscous and stir, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables, chick peas, almonds, cilantro, mint and lemon mixture to couscous and toss to evenly coat (while seasoning with a little more salt to taste as desired). Serve warm. Top with feta crumbles.