This Geek Test has been going around work. At 507 questions, it’s long and, unfortunately, I’ve got the high score at 38.65878%.
There were several questions I wanted to comment on.
- Dated a geek – Oh, mas oui! Geeky woman are wonderful.
- Corrected a salesperson on technical specs – Uh-huh. Though sometimes I’ve sat back and learned a lot.
- Corrected a supervisor on spelling or grammar – Yes; As detailed in my recent Live Journal, I’m going to have to edumicate a non-supervisor on the difference a hyphen will make between “resign” and “re-sign.”
- a subscription to a sci-fi or computer magazine; an anthropological or history magazine; a nature or science magazine; a financial or literary magazine — Okay! So I like to read. Plus, I was plowing through my frequent flier remnant miles. An interesting side effect was the perpetual renewal notices when those subscriptions had only ten months remaining. For the record, I currently subscribe to: The Week, Scientific American, Wired, Consumer Reports, (Vintage) Bicycle Quarterly.
- math/science camps, competitions, won at them – yep. And because I was upset that one couldn’t earn a “letter” (as in letter jacket) for academics, I made my own.
- Skipped parties to read/study – I am uncomfortable in large, crowded venues.
- Watch the Weather Channel, Discovery Channel
This should come as no surprise at all.
- Use 1280×1024 or higher More like 1920×1600.
- Owned a personal domain . Obviously
Nope. Athletics and Student Council were the only ones you could. I awarded myself a Math letter. Dang, I should have used pi or e or i
Really? You couldn’t “letter” in academics? We could. I got letters for Math Team, and the letters had pi symbols embroidered on them.
I should get two points for that. 🙂
The test is obviously dated. For example, it should ask questions like “Do you have a Roomba?”
The test could use consolidation. 14 percent (I don’t remember the decimal). I have not seen or read The Hobbit.
Hmm… 43.19527%. Love the precision 🙂
Sigh. I have to do better.
Comments are closed.