I saw this earlier today — not sure where — and thought it might be kind of thematically appropriate. The question was originally “If you were a _____, what would you be?” but I think it works better as “What is your favorite ______?”
- Condiment – A-1 steak sauce. It’s crazy, but I love to occasionally indulge in french fries covered with melted cheddar cheese and A-1 steak sauce. Tahini is also very good, but I don’t typically have it in the fridge.
- Kitchen gadget – dumpling crimper — it just makes making dumplings much easier
- Spice – ginger works so well in cookies, pies and even mayonnaise. When I do the pies, I double the specified amount of ginger, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Herb – cilantro, for obvious reasons
- Pantry staple – steel-milled oats
- Food chemistry phenomenon – emulsification, or combining two liquids that aren’t normally mixable.
- Dish – (This is where I wish I had the original link as I’m unsure whether the idea was a menu item or, literally, a dish.) Menu item: clam chowder or Torda di Risotto
Literal interpretation: I have a big-ass pasta bowl I like because it’s large enough for a whole batch, yet steep enough to aggressively mix stuff without spilling it over the sides.
- Cookie – Molasses-ginger.
Please feel free to answer this on your own blog and ping mine back.