(from Rodale’s Natural Foods; best I’ve tried)
1 1/4 C flour
1/4 tsp salt (my addition)
3 Tbl cold butter
3 Tbl oil
3 Tbl ice water
- Cut the butter into the flour to fine consistency. I use a pastry knife for this.
- Fold in the oil gradually. Fold in the water gradually.
- Form the dough into a ball. (And it will.) Flour two pieces of wax paper. Flatten the ball in the middle of one piece of paper. Cover with the other and roll into a round shape to the edges of the paper.
- Put in the freezer for 5 minutes (helps separate the dough from the paper). Peel both papers and put in a greased glass pie pan.
Eggnog Pumpkin Pie (from some womanly magazine)
1 can pumpkin
2/32/3 C sugar (may want to reduce to 1/2)
2 eggs beaten
1 cup eggnog
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
- Cook at 425F for 15 minutes; cover pie crust edges; reduce heat to 350F and cook for 40 minutes.
Sugar pie pumpkins work best, but you can use the other varieties. YMMV.